Universal StudiosHarley DavidsonTiger Shulmann’s KarateKerry CampaignHeinekenNew York Sports ClubMcDonaldsBMW Mini CooperObserverSafewayTekkenMercedesSam AdamsEntertainment WeeklyAnimal Planet Beverly Hills Vet
C.J. Waldman graduated from Colgate University in 1984. He began his advertising career at Ammirati & Puris in 1985 and has been working at award-winning agencies ever since. In 2000, he left his post as EVP/Group Creative Director at Lowe to pursue independent projects and direct.
He is responsible for award-winning and highly successful campaigns for Heineken, Sprite, Diet Coke, Amstel, Samuel Adams, U.S.Virgin Islands, Kemper Insurance, In-Style Magazine, Teen People Magazine, New York Sports Clubs, and Crunch Fitness among others.
Besides winning virtually every industry award, his work has been featured on CNN, ABC News, NBC News, Entertainment Tonight, News 9, WPIX, ABC’s “World’s Greatest Commercials”, and Fox’s “World’s Funniest Commercials.” Both Adweek and SHOOT magazine named him East Coast Creative All-Star. In 2001, C.J. was selected as Creative Director for Boards magazine’s international “Dream Team.” He also has commercials for three different clients in Adweek’s “Top 100 Commercials of the Decade.” In 2003, he was featured at Cannes’ “Best New Directors Showcase.” And has recently directed campaigns for BMW Mini Cooper, Mercedes Benz, Heineken, Amstel, Sam Adams, SONY Play Station, Sprint and McDonald’s.
Marc Campana studied film at Emerson College where he began his career as a documentary filmmaker. While working on documentaries for European production companies he made way into commercial production working his way up from PA to coordinator to producer to Executive Producer of several production companies in New York and LA.
He’s worked with the top directors in the country and produced thousands of commercials in virtually every category you can think of. During his 25-year career he has produced jobs for Pepsi, Hewlett Packard, Sprite, McDonald’s, Burger King, Levi-Strauss, Canon, Minolta, Time Inc., Polygram Video, Reebok, Saab, HBO, and New York Sports Club. From beer to automobiles to beauty and fashion to fast food, Marc has done it all. Chances are, under budget.
He and creative director/director, C.J. Waldman met when he was the Executive Producer of Big Picture Productions. Together, they pitched and produced many campaigns. People magazine, Teen People (including commercials with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake), In-Style, and Kemper Insurance.
In 2003 Marc and C.J. formed Octopus, a full-service ad agency, where Marc serves as Executive Producer, Account Director and photographer. (For the last ten years, Marc has worked as a commercial photographer specializing in people, product and publicity photography, location assignments have taken him from the Kentucky Bourbon Trail to the Hallertau Hop Gardens of Bavaria.) They have created and produced award-winning work for many clients such as Samuel Adams, which was just named “Best Advertising in the Beer Industry,” in 2007.
Prior to becoming a Partner at Octopus, David spent over 20 years as an advertising executive working on some of the world’s most formidable brands. Most recently, he was Managing Director of Hill/Holliday’s New York office where he was responsible for account service, media, and overall business operations. Before joining Hill/Holliday, David was Executive Vice President at FCB New York supervising the $1 Billion global AT&T account. David is also credited as running the global Sony account as an EVP for Lowe & Partners where he helped create the much-acclaimed marketing program that repositioned the Sony as the premier provider of analog consumer electronics (i.e. Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron) to being the leader in digital technology (i.e. DVD, HDTV, MP3, Mobile Devices).
He has had Brand experience with AT&T, SONY, Verizon Wireless, LG Electronics, Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, United Distillers & Vintners (Smirnoff, Baileys, Malibu), 3COM, CBS Television, RCN, Cendant Interactive (Netmarket.com, Hagglezone.com), MapQuest.com, Dr.Koop.com, Citizen Watch, New York Magazine and others.
David is a graduate of Rutgers University and lives in New Jersey with his wife, two sons and three dogs.
Erik Dochtermann manages the media investments for a diverse portfolio of clients including Take 2 Interactive, a videogame publisher, Verizon Thinkfinity, Liberty Travel, Harry Winston, Swiss International Airlines, Circa Jewels, Cache Women’s Fashions, Casual Male XL and many others.
Prior to joining Octopus, Erik owned a Space Marketing Company managing the commercial interests of the Mir Space Station, ran a PR and Event firm whose primary account was LVMH and managed all media and communications for the Swatch Group of companies including Omega, Swatch, Longines, Tissot, Brequet and 8 others. Before that, Erik was President of Katz Marketing & Media, a media consulting firm, where he managed media vendor relations for clients such as BMW of North America, Perrier, Nutrasweet, Isuzu and MasterCard. Previously, Erik helped run the New Business Department for Vitt Media International, a media buying firm. He also worked in the buying arena onclients such as L.A. Gear and Eureka. Mr. Dochtermann began his career at Millsport, an event planning company, where he worked on the Olympics.
Erik graduated from James Madison University in 1987, Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. in English and Communications. He has appeared on CNNfn, Fox New Channel and several local news stations. He is an active member of the New York City Chapter of the Young Presidents Organization. He and his company have been widely covered in the press.
Jordan Hirsch is the Group Director, Digital & Investment for Octopus NY. At Octopus NY, Jordan oversees and is responsible for the day-to-day development and execution of the agency’s global digital, social and brand measurement division.
Prior to joining Octopus NY, Jordan was the Digital Practice Lead for Wieden & Kennedy where he successfully led the interactive media fusion for Electronic Arts (EA). In advance of Wieden & Kennedy, Jordan was co-founder of Community Activation at MEC Interaction. Anticipating the growth and importance of emerging digital and social media to brand relevancy, he revolutionized his department at MECi and was directly responsible for the creation and development of the agency’s global social media and measurement division. Within a 2 year window,he had grown his division into a $15MM / 175 brands / award winning independent unit of Mediaedge:CIA
Beyond the planning and execution of multi-million dollar interactive global media campaigns, Jordan has developed breakthrough media solutions for clients such as AT&T, MTV Networks, Sony, Coca-Cola, HBO, Yahoo, Campbell’s, Verizon, Energizer, Schick, Cadbury, Paramount Pictures, Xerox, Remy Martin, Citibank, KFC, Colgate and Bayer.
Jordan’s industry known efforts has also received national recognition from CNBC, MSNNBC, Advertising Age, Mediaweek, OMMA, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. In 2003, he was named one of Media Magazine’s “Top 20 Rising Stars.”
- Our work kicks butt. Our campaigns have stood out and stood the test of time with record-breaking results in categories from soft drinks to health clubs to tourism to politics. We help change the face of entire industries. And unlike most agency reels, all the work was created by us. Not freelancers or ex-employees. You will get the creative director that did the work.
- We’re still hungry. We love what we do and we think it shows. Our employees are not part of an assembly line. Every campaign is crafted by a team of skilled people who understand the brand and client before, during, and after the project. We will always be thinking about your brand and offering fresh ideas. Whether you ask for them or not.
- We’re more productive. Literally. We produce the work we create. Octopus is a full service, insured production company and editorial company, as well as a creative powerhouse. We have on staff directors, producers, photographers, and cameramen at your beckon call. Work is produced more efficiently without the layers that beguile most ad agencies. You could have a fully produced, effective campaign in a month.
- You’ll like us. We’re fun, we work hard, we listen and we’re easy to find. We understand we’re not just working, we’re building a relationship.
- We will turn your brand into a household name. And you will be rich and famous.
- Octopus provides a full range of media services including:
- Media Buying
- Media Planning
- Media Research (subscribers of multiple Nielsen Products, MRI, CMR, etc.)
- Focus Group Testing
- Post Analysis
- Demographic segmentation and analysis
- We are experts in the following media:
- Interactive Display, SEM and SEO
- Social Media
- Network Television and Cable
- Local Television and Cable
- Magazine and Newspaper Advertising
- Out of Home and Transit
- Guerilla Advertising and Promotions
- Direct Response
- We also provide solutions for the following communication services:
- Public Relations
- Event Ideation and Management
- Sweepstakes and Promotions
- Display and indoor signage
- Direct Mail and Catalog